A meal is a symphony you compose for those you love! You won't find any nutritional facts on this blog that's not what its about. The job of this blog is share recipes that I've developed or collected over the past 40 odd years and which my family, my friends, and I have enjoyed. Please click the "Follow" button below to follow this blog. Buon Appitito!
1. Season chicken breasts with salt and freshly ground black pepper. In a large skillet or sauté pan brown chicken breasts in the extra virgin olive oil and butter.
2. When chicken is nicely browned, remove from pan to a paper towel lined plate to drain and add the remaining olive oil and butter to pan if needed. Add the onions and sauté until they begin to caramelize. Add celery, carrots, and garlic. Continue to sauté (stirring occasionally) the vegetables until the carrots begin to colour. Do not allow garlic to burn.
3. Add tomatoes, wine, and balsamic vinegar stirring to blend and scraping bottom of pan to incorporate any brown bits that formed on the bottom of the pan. Adjust seasoning adding additional salt, black pepper, red pepper or balsamic vinegar to taste.
4. When the tomatoes, wine, and balsamic are combined re-add the browned chicken breasts covering with sauce as well as possible. Cover, lower heat to a slow simmer and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
5. A few moments before serving, stir in the green olives and heat for a minute or two until they are warm. Serve over cooked rice or pasta.