Monday, August 4, 2014
makes 1 pizzadella
My grandkids love my home made pizzas, on one visit when asked what they wanted for lunch pizza was the uniform answer but pizza takes a couple of hours to put together. So, not to disappoint, I came up with this quick and easy recipe.
1 large(burrito size) tortilla for each pizzadilla
3 ounces your favourite pizza sauce for each pizzadilla
1 or 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan for each pizzadilla
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella for each pizzadilla
toppings of your choice (pepperoni pictured)
extra virgin olive oil
1. Place your pizza stone* in your oven and preheat your oven to 400° F.
2. Place one tortilla shell on your pizza peel* spread 3 ounces of pizza sauce evenly over the tortilla.
3. Evenly distribute 1 or 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan over the sauce, evenly distribute 2/3 cup of shredded mozzarella over the sauce and Parmesan, distribute your choice of toppings (if desired), and sprinkle a little extra virgin olive oil over the pizzadilla.
4. Using the peel, slide the pizzadilla onto the preheated pizza stone and bake until the mozzarella melts and becomes bubbly.
5. Slice the baked pizzadilla into 4 wedge shaped slices and plate.
6. Repeat the process for each pizzadilla.
* unrimmed cookie sheets can be substituted for both the pizza stone and the pizza peel.